Friday, January 6, 2012

And One More

I have wanted to start a blog for a while now, but wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to go about doing one.  Mostly I see blogs as journals and I am hoping that this will turn into something like that, but maybe a bit different.  I have a hard time just writing about day to day things. I've never been good at that.  It's hard to see the purpose in writing down everyday life stuff.  That's boring to me and I would think that it must also be boring for others to read it too. 
So I had to find a purpose in starting this blog, and then it hit me. Lately, I have been reflecting on how much I have changed as a mother and a wife over the years.  Especially with this baby on the way, I've been realizing how much different having a new baby will be this time around. I'm older, and would like to think, a bit wiser.  So I have decided that I will write this blog with the purpose of recording the LESSONS I've learned over the years  from being a mother and wife as well as the LESSONS I continue to learn. I hope to reflect on the past and how experiences have influenced the mother and wife I am today. I look forward to observing the small day to day lessons my children teach me.
 I've been reading a book, 5 Spiritual Solutions for Everyday Parenting Challenges, and I've been amazed at how well it spells out the purpose of being a parent.  I love that I don't have to do it alone, that my Heavenly Father knows my children better that I do, they are His children first, and He has known them a long time.  He is just waiting for me to ask Him for help, and I know that He will.  His solutions really trump anything I'll ever read in a parenting book or magazine.  I'm thankful for that knowledge.
I'm looking forward to a wonderful new year and am excited to be beginning it with a another sweet spirit from my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is beautiful! I will enjoy reading! I use my blog as a primary way to share day-to-day, or more "when-I-when can", events and photos of our family with family and friends who live far away.

    I'm very happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that book- did you buy it at TOFW too?! That's when I got it, and am excited to RE-Read it :)

    ReplyDelete